04 December 2018

Margaret's Gardening Notes - December

Dear gardening friends

More rain over night and my garden, overplanted as is my custom,  is a dense mass of green growth. I was half hoping for small plum and boysenberry crops this year but looks like bumper ones again. 
 
The front garden has been full of flowers - self-sown or perennial. I'm planting more salvias which are really sturdy and flower extravagantly. (I have a gorgeous purple salvia near my letter box if you are walking at the top of Goulburn St. It makes me happy!).

I'm off out to stake tomatoes and net the boysenberries.  I hope you are having fun in your gardens.
 
Here are Greg's notes for December in WeHo:


DECEMBER Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4
Silverbeet - punnet, pot to ground, or direct seeding x x x x
Brussel Sprouts - punnet, pot to ground or direct seeding x x x
Kale - punnet, pot to ground or direct seeding
x x x
Cabbage - punnet, pot to ground or direct seeding
x x x
Brocolli - for March
x x
Swedes x x x x
Shallots/Spring Onions x x x x
Lettuce x x x x
Kohlrai x x x x
French Bush Beans x x x x
Climbing Beans - Last chance as on the limit. x


Cauliflower
x x x
Sweetcorn - last chance as on the limit. x



Punnets



Lettuce                  x           x           x            x
Brocolli - punnets or pots for winter                                xx
Cabbage - punnets or pots for winter                                                x
x
Cauliflower - punnets or pots for winter x x


























No comments:

Post a Comment