If anyone would like to encourage members of the Parks Committee to support the motion please contact them:
Jeff Briscoe (Chair) email@example.com
Peter Sexton firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen Burnet email@example.com
Bill Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org
Marti Zucco (who has proposed the motion) email@example.com
Text of the motion:
Motion: That: 1. A report be prepared that considers developing a master plan for the West Hobart oval community recreation area.
(i) The report address the following issues:
· The impact of any the new development to the area
· The governance of the area
· The specific needs of the residents school and other users
· Potential traffic & parking issues and other relevant traffic management strategies to enhance pedestrian movement and safety in the general area.
2. Consultation occurs with the community, in particular the local schools, and other organisations.
Rationale: To consider all the uses of the area and the future direction of the use of the land and facility so that the local community and school have a clear understanding of what the future of the area may be