Sustainable House Day is Australia’s largest national sustainability event giving people the opportunity to see and learn from the best environmental homes.
One important change this year will be an upgrade to the Sustainable House Day website to improve it for participating homeowners, local groups and attendees.
ATA has now opened online registrations for:
- Homeowners with homes that have environmentally sustainable features – to open them and host tours
- Sustainability groups and local councils – to host or co-ordinate local homes and volunteers and/or ancillary events.
The deadline for home registrations is July 31, 2015
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR HOME ONLINE
- Officially register and create your online user profile at http://sustainablehouseday.com/house-owner-registration/
- Once logged into your profile you can create your house profile:
- If the house you are opening was opened in 2014, its profile may already exist on the website. To search for your profile go to: http://sustainablehouseday.com/cat/2014/
- Once you locate your profile, click into the profile and scroll down until you see Claim this house. Click on this.
- An email will then automatically be sent to organisers to allocate this property to your profile. Once your property has been allocated and approved you will receive an email notification it has been added to your profile and updated to 2015.
- Please log in back to your profile and update your profile information accordingly.
- From the my profile page, click on the Create New House Profile button at the top right hand corner
- Complete the new house registration form
- Once submitted the form will automatically be sent to the organisers for approval.
- Once officially accepted you will receive an email notification regarding acceptance and the house profile will be allocated to your user profile.
- All homes must have a minimum of three sustainable features. You can view a list of suggested sustainable features: http://sustainablehouseday.com/about-shd/forms/
- You must have a current home and contents insurance policy
- You must agree to the terms and conditions of participation at http://sustainablehouseday.com/terms-conditions/
- All applications are subject to a final approval process by the organising committee.